Blueberry cake Recipe
We are going to share the best blueberry cake recipe here. You can’t imagine it is going to be very delicious. A top-secret ingredient is used in this cake recipe that is cream cheese. Cream cheese is used to make the cake moist and fantastic cake. After having one bite of this cake, you will crave for more. In order to make this blueberry cake recipe different from others, you can add icing with whipped cream. When you make this cake for your guests and family, they will defiantly love it.
Fresh Blueberry Cake with Cream Cheese Icing Perfection
- Fresh blueberries and cream cheese is the best combination ever.
- Cream cheese gives your cake moisture and flavor.
- The batter becomes thick when you add cheese in it, and this will prevent the blueberries from dipping in the bottom of the cake.
- Cream cheese is then used to finish off and decorate your blueberry cake.
· If you are using sour cream, then use only full-fat sour cream because if you use low fat or fat-free sour cream, then the cream will liquefy when you bake the cake, and it gives the cake a watery appearance.
· When you add the flour to the batter, do not over mix it because over mixing make it tough, dense cake. You can use a wooden spoon for mixing instead of an electric mixer.
· If you want to enhance the flavor of your cake, set aside the mixture for 5 minutes and then proceed further for recipe.
· When you are going to fold the blueberries in the cake batter, be careful not to damage the blueberries.
· If you know that your cake is fully baked or not, then gently press your finger in the middle of the cake. If the cake is fully cooked, then it will spring back.
· You can use aluminum foil in order to protect your cake from over-browning.
· Decorate the cake with fresh blueberries.
- You can store the cake for up to months. Wrap it in an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator and eat when you want.
Best Blueberry Cake
Preparation Time is 10 minutes
Cooking Time is 40 minutes
Total Time is 50 minutes
For the blueberry cake:
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of butter softened
- ¼ cup of cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1¾ cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of blueberries, washed and dried
For the icing:
- ¼ cup of butter, melted
- ½ cup of cream cheese softened
- ¾ cup of confectioners’ sugar sifted
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3-5 tablespoons of milk
For the cake:
- Set the oven at 350F. Take a pan of 9 inches and apply oil on the sides of the pan.
- Take a small bowl and soften the butter and cream cheese in the microwave oven till it becomes very soft, but do not melt it completely melted.
- Combine all the wet ingredients and sugar with the cream cheese and mix well until it becomes smooth. Mix in the dry ingredients by hand.
- Then, fold in the blueberries, and when you are going to fold the blueberries in the cake batter, be careful not to damage the blueberries.
- Spread the batter in the pan evenly and then spread the blueberries over the mixture.
- Bake, the cake for 55-65 min or till the cake tester, comes out smooth, and you can test it and come to know that cake is ready now when gently pressed, the middle of the cake should feel springy.
- If you are feeling that cake is starting over brown, then you can cover the cake in foil and then place it back to the oven.
- Let it cool in the pan for 5 min before getting it out from the pan and then shift the cake to a wire rack.
For the icing:
Take a mixing bowl and whisk the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and cream cheese.
- Then, add the milk as needed 1 tbsp at a time till it gets the desired consistency.
- Once the cake has cooled, sprinkle with the icing and serve.
Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, you can, but do not forget to cover this cake with a paper, which prevents the cake from getting dry.
Calories: 492kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 223mg | Potassium: 219mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 895IU | Vitamin C: 3.7mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 1.6mg