Chocolate Layer Cake
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT CHOCOLATE CAKE?
If you love the chocolate, then this chocolate layer cake recipe is for you, I have made this cake for my friend, and after eating this, she insisted I share this recipe.
You can decorate your cake with unique ideas like make toppings and lines with chocolate or butter-cream or vanilla butter-cream. Make lines in different directions and give it a fancy look. Presentation and appearance of your cake is the first impression on your guests.
I usually focus on the recipe instead of decoration because everyone has their own choice, and they have a specific look at the cake in mind, so it’s totally up to you how you would like to decorate this cake and how you can serve this cake in front of your guest.
This chocolate layer cake can be used on any special events like birthday, anniversary, so make your day special by making this yummy cake.
- Oil works best in chocolate cakes. When you add oil to your chocolate cake batter will create a moist consistency. You can use any oil like canola and coconut oil, and both of these turn out wonderfully.
- Cake flour is used to make a difference in the gentle crumb of your cake, but you can also use the all-purpose flour; it will also give a good texture.
- High-quality cocoa powder is used to change the flavor of your chocolate cake. You can use any cocoa, but it is best to use Callebaut Cocoa. Although it is so expensive if you buy more, but you can buy as much as you need.
- Baking soda or baking powder is used to raise the cake.
- You should use buttermilk because it gives your cake consistency.
- Do not over-bake your cake. The cake will lose its consistency if you bake it for more time.
Chocolate Layer Cake Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- Two teaspoons of baking soda
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- One teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- Two large eggs
- One teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of freshly brewed hot coffee
- 6 ounces of semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Two sticks (1/2 pound) of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- One large-sized egg yolk
- One teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of plus one tablespoon confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- One tablespoon of instant coffee granules
Make the cake
· Set the oven at 350°. Butter two 8-by-2-inch round cake pans and lines them with parchment; butter the paper. Dust the pans with flour, tapping out any excess.
- Take a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle, and then mix the flour with the sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt at low speed. Take a bowl, and mix the buttermilk with mixed, and then gradually beat in the hot coffee till fully integrated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans. Bake the cake for 35 min, or you can check by using a toothpick; insert the tooth in the middle of the cake in order to come to know that it is clean or not. Leave the cake for 30 min in order to cool it, and after 30 min, place the cake on a rack to cool. Then unpeel the parchment.
Make the frosting
- Take a bowl, heat the chocolate in microwave oven in intervals at high power for 30 sec, mix it continuously till all the chocolate is melted. Stir continuously and then place it aside to cool.
- Take a bowl with an electric mixer; mix the butter at medium speed till it becomes pale and fluffy. Then add the vanilla and egg yolk and beat for 1 min, and then scrape the sides of the bowl. Slowly mix in the sugar, at low speed, for about 1 min. Take a small bowl and dissolve the instant coffee in 2 tsp of hot water. Slowly mix the coffee and the chocolate in the butter mixture till just combined well.
- Set a layer of cake on a plate with its flat side facing up. Spread 1/3 of the frosting over the cake to the corners. Then, top with the other cake layer. Spread the remaining frosting on the upper and bottom sides of the cake. Refrigerate the cake for at least 60 min before slicing and serving.
- You can refrigerate the frosted cake for two days.
- Wait for at least 60 minutes before serving the cake.
- Follow the instruction as given above to make a delicious cake.