Coconut cake recipe
We are going to share the best coconut cake recipes ever. This coconut cake recipe is delicious and fluffy and has sweet coconut flavor and you can decorate it with cream cheese and this will make your coconut cake recipes very incredible and beautiful. Coconut cakes can be white or yellow in color.
HOW DO YOU MAKE HOMEMADE COCONUT CAKE?
Coconut cakes are very delicious and amazing cakes but there are some tips and tricks that will make your life easier and your cake more delicious. Some of the tips and tricks are given below.
Prevent Sticking: always grease and flour your pan with oil as it is a moist cake and there may be sticking issues so avoid the sticking problem and grease your pan before baking. You can also use the parchment paper in your pans it will also help to eliminate that problem.
Do not substitute the cream of coconut. Always beat your egg whites and eggs in a medium-sized bowl and then mixed them with water, vanilla extract, cream of coconut, and coconut extract. Do not be persuaded to alternate it but you can alternate it with homemade coconut cream.
Use a bowl or cup with a spout. Always take a medium-sized cup with a spout and beat the ingredients in it because you have to pour this mixture into your remaining dry mixture so this will make it easy to pour. The medium cup will be about 2 cups in volume so you can do it according to your plan.
Can I Freeze Coconut Cake?
Yes, you can freeze the coconut cake even without frosting. If you want to freeze your cake you have to cover it in foil and then place it in an airtight container.
- Level is Intermediate
- Total Time is 1 hr and 55 min
- Preparation time is 35 min
- Inactive time is 30 min
- Cooking time is 50 min
- Yield is about 10 to 12 servings
For coconut cake recipe you need following
- Unsalted butter ¾ pounds and 3 sticks, at room temperature, and more to grease the pans
- 2 cups of sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of almond extract
- all-purpose flour 3 cups, plus more for dusting the pans
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 cup of milk
- 4 ounces of sweetened shredded coconut
For the frosting:
- 1 pound of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of pure almond extract
- 1 pound of confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 6 ounces of sweetened shredded coconut
- Set the oven at 350 degrees F. Take 2 (9-inch) round cake pans and greases them, and then lines these pans parchment paper. Grease them again and dust with flour lightly.
- Take a bowl with an electric mixer having a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium and then at high speed for 3 to 5 min, till it becomes light yellow and fluffy. Take a small bowl and then beat the eggs in it. With the mixer on medium speed, add 1 egg at a time, and then scrape down the sides of the bowl during mixing. Add the vanilla essence and almond extracts and mix them well. The mixture may have a curdled look but you do not have to be worried.
- Take a medium-sized bowl and separate together the baking soda, flour, salt, and baking powder. Take an electric mixer and set on low speed, then add the dry ingredients and the milk to the batter in three portions, starting and finishing with dry ingredients. Mix till combined well. Fold it in the 4 ounces coconut with the help of rubber spatula.
- Add the batter in the 2 pans evenly and with the help of knife smooth the top. Bake the cake in the center of the oven for 45 to 55 min, till the tops are browned well and when you test the cake it will come out clean and perfect. Then, cool on a baking rack for 30 min, and then turn the cakes out onto a baking rack in order to finish the cooling process.
- For the frosting, take a bowl with electric mixer having a paddle attachment; and combine the ingredients vanilla, cream cheese, almond extract, and butter at low speed. Then, add the confectioners’ sugar and mix until it becomes just smooth.
- For finishing, place 1 layer on a leveled serving plate, top the side down, and spread it with frosting. Then place the second layer on the top, and frost the top and sides. Now it is time to decorate the cake, sprinkle the coconut on top, and press more coconut lightly on the sides. Serve at room temperature.