Pumpkin cake recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serving: 10-13 people
Cool time: 3 hours
This is one of the best, moist, and delicious pumpkin cake recipes. The top of the cake is full of fluffy and creamy cheese frosting, which makes the mouth watery and gives a special taste to the cake. This cake is very easy to make, all the ingredients are very common, and you can get them easily from your near grocery store.
Why should you try this pumpkin cake recipe?
I have tried many pumpkin cake recipes, but this is one of the yummiest recipes. You should try this cake because:
- This cake is soft, super moist
- Full of creamy butter frost
- Have smooth and silky cream frosting
- As it is a single layer cake, so it is easy to bake.
To make the best pumpkin cake, you need the following ingredients:
- 250-gram All-purpose flour (2 cups)
- Baking powder 2 tsp
- Pure vanilla extract one and ½ tsp
- Pumpkin puree (15 ounces)
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Granulated sugar ½ cup
- Salt 1 tsp
- Dark brown sugar 1 cup
- Ground cinnamon one and ½ tsp
- Egg 4 (large)
- Pumpkin pie spice 2 tsp
- vegetable oil 1 cup (240 ml)
For cream cheese frosting
You need following ingredients for a pumpkin cake recipe
- Salt 1/8 tsp
- Pure vanilla extract 1 tsp
- 224-gram full-fat block cream cheese, (softened to room temperature), 8 ounce
- 115 grams unsalted butter (1/2 cup) softened to room temperature
- confectioners’ sugar (3 cups), plus an extra 1/4 cup if needed
To make a watery mouth cake follows the following instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use three 9 inches greased pans for baking the material.
- Take a large bowl to add all-purpose flour, then add baking powder and baking soda, mix them all and then add salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Now mix the material well, so they get combined. Keep this bowl aside.
- Now take another bowl and add oil and eggs one by one and do not forget to beat them. Then add granulated sugar, add brown sugar and mix them all well, then add pumpkin and vanilla extract and mix them all well. Now add these ingredients into the no three ingredients and mix them all well until they did not get combined.
- Spread the batter into the pan. Bake this material for 30-35 minutes. Bake time can vary, so take care of your cake. You can get the idea by inserting a toothpick when it comes clean out of the cake center it shows cake is baked. If you do not want the sides of the cake to get brown, then cover its side with the foil and top too.
- Now get the cake out of the oven and let it be cool. First, cool it 10 minutes and remove it from the wire. After that, I generally keep it to the fridge to cool it completely.
- Take a separate bowl and use a hand mixer, add cheese cream and butter beat them on low, and then high speed until they did not get creamy and smooth. Now add 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and salt and beat them on low speed for 30-40 seconds and then switch it to high and beat for the next 1 minute. To get the thick frosting to add extra 1/4 cup of confectioners’ sugar. Now spread this frosting on the cake. Now shift this cake to the fridge to cool completely. Serve this cake when it gets completely cool.
- Your cake is ready to serve.
Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, you can freeze this cake, wrap it with a foil paper and then you can leave it in the fridge for the next one month. Warm the take and serve it to your guest along with tea or coffee.
Although this cake looks similar to banana and carrot cake, if you want its looks different and taste yummier than spread the silky cheese at the top of the cake, which not only makes it moist but gave a beautiful fragrance.
- This is a single layer pumpkin cake recipe that can be used to serve almost 10-12 people. If you wish to make two or more than three-layer cake, you can make it easier. For two-layer cake double up the ingredients, further follow the instructions for the additional layer.
- If you do not want to use oil, then you can use unsweetened applesauce 1/2 cup (90g) and 1/2 (120ml) cup oil. The taste of the cake will be remaining the same, and the cake will be moist.
- Use canned pumpkin to get a better flavor.