Vegan cake recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
Extra time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes
You may have eaten vegan cake before but do you have ever eaten best chocolate vegan cake? I have tried many recipes of vegan cake but I found most of them get dry after a few days when I wrap them with the best paper. After that, I have decided to try a new recipe and I add chocolate in it, believe me, it was one of the most delicious vegan cake recipes ever.
Last time I made a vegan cake for my mother’s birthday and all of the people came to the birthday, they appreciate my cake, they even asked to give the second slice.
People who are looking for the best vegan cake recipes are in the right place. Here you will get an easy and quick recipe of vegan cake.
When you will be reading the recipe you will be mouth watery especially when you are going to read about frosting, which is full of buttercream and chocolate.
I even taste other people vegan cake but I feel my cake best among them.
What is the secret of this special vegan cake?
As I mentioned above I get one of the best tastes when I add chocolate and buttercream in it. I have added applesauce but you can add the oil too. That’s my point, with applesauce it tastes better and I did not feel the cake heavy. By adding the butter, you will be able to make a fluffy and moist cake.
People who loved chocolate must try this recipe, you would definitely love this.
For the best vegan chocolate cake recipe, you need the following ingredients.
- Unsweetened almond milk (1 cup)
- Apple vinegar (1 tsp)
- All-purpose flour (2 cups)
- Granulated sugar 1 ¾ cup
- Boil water 1 cup
- Vanilla extract (pure) 1 tsp
- unsweetened applesauce 2/3 cup
- cocoa powder ¾ cup
- baking powder 2 tsp
- canola oil ½ cup
- salt 1 tsp
- baking soda 1 ½ tsp
For chocolate butter-cream frosting
You need the following ingredients:
- cocoa powder 1 cup
- earth balanced vegan butter 1 ½ cup, soft baking sticks (preferred)
- Powdered sugar 4-5 cup.
- Vanilla extract 2 tsp
- Unsweetened almond milk (almost ¼ cup)
- Follow the instructions as given below
- Preheat your oven at 350 degrees.
- Use two 9 inch pan, grease them with baking spray.
- Now take one cup unsweetened almond milk and add apple vinegar to it. Mix it slowly and set aside to curdle.
- Now take a big bowl, add flour, sugar, cocoa powder and mix them well. Then add baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix them well. So they look combined.
- Now add applesauce, then add oil and mix them. Add vanilla and almond milk/vinegar mixture, take a hand mixture or anything that you have and mix them until they did not look combined.
- Lower the speed and now add boil water in it, mix it again, start mixing into the butter until they did not get combined.
- Divide this material into your 2 pans. Back this material for 30-35 minutes. take it out from the oven after 30 minutes or you can check it by inserting a toothpick, if it comes clean you can get the cake out of it.
- Let the cake be cool for the next 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pans and let it be cool completely.
For chocolate butter-cream frosting
You need to follow the following instructions:
- Take a bowl to add the cocoa powder to it,
- On the next step add the vegan butter in the cocoa powder, use a hand mixer to combine the material, or when it gets smooth.
- Add half of the almond milk and half sugar (powdered), mix them well, after that add rest of the powdered sugar, mix it, add vanilla extract and mix it again until they did not get combined. The first mix starting at low and then at high. Continue this process until you did not get the material fluffy.
- If you feel foresting is somewhat or too much dry add the milk, add one tsp at one time, and add more if required.
- If you feel foresting is very wet and will not get in shape than add powdered sugar into it.
- Frost the cake by using an icing spatula.
- Keep the cake in the fridge for one hour so it will be cool completely.
- Decorate the cake according to your wish.
- Your cake is ready.
- Serve it to your family, friends. And enjoy every bite of this cake.
If you want to make a four-layer cake then just double up the vegan cake recipe (ingredients). The rest of the process will be the same.